|Event:||Australia in India 2009/10|
DateLine: 4th November 2009
Moises Henriques has been sidelined due to injury and will miss Thursday's ODI against India in Hyderabad. The allrounder Henriques hurt his right hamstring in the field during Monday's victory in Mohali and he could be flown home with only three games remaining in the series.
The news of his injury came only a day after Peter Siddle was sent home due to stiffness in his left side, also picked up in Monday's match. The squad has already lost Brett Lee (elbow), James Hopes (hamstring) and Tim Paine (finger), and was without first-choice players Michael Clarke, Brad Haddin, Nathan Bracken and Callum Ferguson when the series began.
Henriques himself was a replacement player who joined the group mid-tour when Hopes was ruled out. His unavailability for Thursday's match should mean an ODI debut for either the spinner Jon Holland or the fast bowler Clint McKay, both from Victoria, with Ben Hilfenhaus set to return to the starting line-up.
Cricket Australia has not yet announced if a replacement for Siddle would be sent to India but the Henriques injury may force them to do so.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE