|Player:||SK Warne, AMJ Hilditch|
DateLine: 7th November 2009
The void created by the retirement of spin legend Shane Warne can never be filled in the Australian cricket team, feels chief selector Andrew Hilditch.
"The reality is when we lost Warne, it couldn't have come at a worse time. Moving forward I think we have made a lot of progress. We will never replace Warne, that is a non-existent possibility. There is always going to be a hole and to some extent we've got to stop talking about it," Hilditch said.
Hilditch said he was happy with Hauritz's performance and feels the off-spinner has the calibre to go far.
"Hauritz has made really good progress. We are really happy with how he is going. We think we have found someone who can play a role for us in international cricket, so that's great," Hilditch was quoted as saying in 'Herald Sun'.
"I am feeling a lot better about spin than if you had asked me 12 months ago when we were really looking at stop-gap measures to rebuild our spin stocks," he said.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE