|Player:||SK Warne, AMJ Hilditch|
DateLine: 7th November 2009
The void created by the retirement of spin legend Shane Warne can never be filled in the Australian cricket team, feels chief selector Andrew Hilditch.
"The reality is when we lost Warne, it couldn't have come at a worse time. Moving forward I think we have made a lot of progress. We will never replace Warne, that is a non-existent possibility. There is always going to be a hole and to some extent we've got to stop talking about it," Hilditch said.
Hilditch said he was happy with Hauritz's performance and feels the off-spinner has the calibre to go far.
"Hauritz has made really good progress. We are really happy with how he is going. We think we have found someone who can play a role for us in international cricket, so that's great," Hilditch was quoted as saying in 'Herald Sun'.
"I am feeling a lot better about spin than if you had asked me 12 months ago when we were really looking at stop-gap measures to rebuild our spin stocks," he said.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE