|Event:||West Indies in Australia 2009/10|
DateLine: 16th November 2009
Brett Lee's chances of playing the first Test have disappeared after being ruled out of this week's Sheffield Shield match at the SCG due to a recurrence of his elbow injury. Lee played in New South Wales' one-day loss to Tasmania on Sunday but suffered a reaction to his elbow problem and was told to sit out of the four-day game that starts on Tuesday.
The injury means Lee has little chance of making the squad for the first Test against West Indies, starting at the Gabba next Thursday, because he has no further chance to prove himself match fit before the Test. His strong Twenty20 and one-day form had brought him significantly into the reckoning for the Test team having not made it into the starting line-up during the Ashes.
However, the elbow trouble forced him home from Australia's ODI tour of India and he has not played a first-class game since the Ashes warm-up match against the England Lions in early July. Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle and Ben Hilfenhaus carried the pace attack in England and remain the likely frontline bowlers for the Gabba.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE