|Player:||BJ Watling, PG Fulton|
|Event:||Pakistan in New Zealand 2009/10|
DateLine: 7th December 2009
BJ Watling is poised to make his test cricket debut in the series finale against Pakistan in Napier from Friday after joining the squad today at the expense of Peter Fulton. Watling, 24, is the only change in a 13-man squad named for the third test as New Zealand's selection panel moved to partially remedy a batting unit guilty of under-performing in Dunedin and Wellington.
Watling opens the batting for Northern Districts and is also capable of filling a position in the middle order. He could replace an out-of-form Tim McIntosh and form a new opening partnership with Martin Guptill or be a straight swap for Fulton at No 5.
Fulton's comeback to test cricket was unspectacular - 42 runs at 10.5 and memorable for his duck in the second innings at Dunedin when he failed to request a review of his leg before wicket dismissal despite suspecting the ball had hit his bat.
McIntosh retains his place in the squad despite scoring 37 runs at 9.25. Flynn, 57 runs at 14.25, and Guptill, 75 at 18.75, have also been persevered with.
New Zealand won the first test in Dunedin by 32 runs before Pakistan wrestled back the initiative in the capital.
New Zealand : Daniel Vettori (captain), Tim McIntosh, Martin Guptill, Daniel Flynn, Ross Taylor, BJ Watling, Grant Elliott, Brendon McCullum, Daryl Tuffey, Iain O'Brien, Tim Southee, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE