|Player:||M Muralitharan, CRD Fernando, M Pushpakumara, HKSR Kaluhalamulla|
|Event:||Sri Lanka in India 2009/10|
DateLine: 16th December 2009
Sri Lanka suffered a major blow to their ODI campaign against India when two of their main strike bowlers were ruled out due to injury.
Muralitharan injured himself during the Test series, Fernando hurt himself during yesterday's opening one-dayer here while attempting a return catch from Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Trailing 0-1 in the five-match series following the narrow three-run defeat in the series-opener, Sri Lanka have brought in two new off-spinners, Muthumudalige Pushpakumara and Suraj Randiv, in the squad to make up for Muralitharan's absence.
"We have decided to rest Murali from the One-Day series to allow him to recover fully from the finger injury and to be available for future tournaments," Kuruppu said.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE