|Player:||M Muralitharan, CRD Fernando, M Pushpakumara, HKSR Kaluhalamulla|
|Event:||Sri Lanka in India 2009/10|
DateLine: 16th December 2009
Sri Lanka suffered a major blow to their ODI campaign against India when two of their main strike bowlers were ruled out due to injury.
Muralitharan injured himself during the Test series, Fernando hurt himself during yesterday's opening one-dayer here while attempting a return catch from Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Trailing 0-1 in the five-match series following the narrow three-run defeat in the series-opener, Sri Lanka have brought in two new off-spinners, Muthumudalige Pushpakumara and Suraj Randiv, in the squad to make up for Muralitharan's absence.
"We have decided to rest Murali from the One-Day series to allow him to recover fully from the finger injury and to be available for future tournaments," Kuruppu said.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE