|Ground:||M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore|
|Scorecard:||Karnataka v Uttar Pradesh|
|Event:||Ranji Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 4th January 2010
An unbeaten 209 by Rahul Dravid put Karnataka in the driver's seat on day two of their Ranji Trophy semi-final against Uttar Pradesh at the M Chinnaswamy stadium.
Resuming at their overnight 255 for four and running up a mammoth first innings score of 575 for seven declared, Karnataka struck twice in seven overs to have Uttar Pradesh reeling at 11 for two.
While lasting 500 minutes at wicket and consuming 340 deliveries Dravid took his aggregate to 4874 runs in 48 matches. Dravid was at his stodgy best, grinding the UP attack to dust.
Though run-making was difficult Dravid dug his heels in to ensure that Karnataka ran up a huge total and set themselves up for a place in the January 11-15 final. Dravid was the cog around which the Karnataka innings thrived.
UP in reply got of to the worst possible start. Shivkant Shukla (0) was done in by a direct hit by Amit Verma as he scampered to the non-strikers for a sharp single. Bhuvaneswar Kumar (0) was beaten for pace and trapped right in front of the wickets by Abhimanyu Mithun.
Srivastava and Kaif were at the crease at the close of play.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE