|Event:||Indian Premier League 2009/10|
DateLine: 28th January 2010
New Zealand Cricket announced that Jesse Ryder will miss the IPL due to injury. NZC General Manager of Cricket, Geoff Allott said Ryder's groin injury was taking longer to rehabilitate than was originally hoped and that he would be unable to play for the Bangalore Royal Challengers.
He said that the priority for Jesse will now be the ICC Twenty20 World Cup in May.
Ryder's manager, Aaron Klee, said that while Jesse was disappointed at not being involved in the 2010 IPL, his first priority is New Zealand Cricket, and getting fit for the Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies is his primary focus at the moment.
"Jesse is understandably disappointed about not going to India for the IPL, but he is realistic about returning too early and aggravating his groin injury," said Klee.
"He is better to be completely recovered and play a full tournament in the West Indies than risk rushing back to play IPL and jeopardising his involvement in both tournaments.
"He had a taste of the IPL last year and he certainly wants to earn his place in the 2011 tournament.
"Jesse has his career in front of him and is well aware that when he gets back to full fitness, there will be plenty of opportunities to play in tournaments like the IPL, but the priority is always playing for the Black Caps."
Ryder will spend the next month at the NZC High Performance Centre in Christchurch working with NZC medical and coaching staff.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE