|Ground:||Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth|
|Scorecard:||Australia v Pakistan|
|Player:||MEK Hussey, RT Ponting, Fawad Alam, Umar Akmal|
|Event:||Pakistan in Australia 2009/10|
DateLine: 31st January 2010
The Pakistani side for the first time put up some fight to give some scare to the Australian side before the hosts finally got across the line. Batting first Pakistan made 212 in 49.3 overs while Australia in reply made 213 for the loss of 8 wickets in 49.2 overs.
Shahid Afridi leading the side in the absence of Mohammad Yousuf elected to bat first but the Australian seamers ran riot. The visitors lost their openers with no score on the board. They found a couple of saviours in Umar Akmal (67, 102 balls, 1x6, 2x4) and Fawad Alam (63, 70 balls, 5x4) as the pair helped Pakistan cross the 200 run mark which at one moment was looking unlikely. The visitors eventually made 212 in 49.3 overs while losing all their wickets.
Australia in reply were steady in their reply if not spectacular. The hosts lost wickets regularly but at no point at any stage did their victory chance looked dim. Ponting (55, 79 balls, 6x4) and Hussey (40 not out, 46 balls, 3x4) were the cheif architects of the win and they were well supported by the middle and the lower order batsmen.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE