|Ground:||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide|
|Scorecard:||Australia v West Indies|
|Player:||RT Ponting, SR Watson, DR Smith, DE Bollinger|
|Event:||West Indies in Australia 2009/10|
DateLine: 9th February 2010
Chris Gayle's bold prediction of winning the ODI series 4-1 is turning now into a joke. The visitors could not handle Bollinger who was literally on fire as he broke the spine of Windies batting. The visitors folded up for just 170 in 39.4 overs. Australia in reply scored 171 in 26.3 overs to take 2-0 lead.
Winning the toss Gayle elected to bat first but that was the only thing that went right for the visitors. Gayle (0, 1 ball) was trapped leg before off the first ball he faced and from there on it was Australia all the way. Morton (4, 11 balls) showed that he is still ill-equipped to handle top class bowling while Dowlin (2, 16 balls) and Simmons (1, 4 balls) looked quite lost in the middle. Deonarine (23, 36 balls, 5x4), Ramdin (30, 42 balls, 4x4) and Powell (30, 39 balls, 3x4) showed promise but could not carry on. Dwayne Smith (42, 63 balls, 1x6, 2x4) biffed some blows towards the end to push the score to 170.
Australia in reply did not break a sweat as the hosts stormed towards the target. Watson (53, 50 balls, 2x6, 7x4) and Ponting (57 not out, 55 balls, 2x6, 8x4) notched up their half centuries to help hosts tale 2-0 lead in the series.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE