|Ground:||Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur|
|Scorecard:||Bangladesh v England|
|Player:||IR Bell, TT Bresnan, MJ Prior|
|Event:||England in Bangladesh 2009/10|
DateLine: 22nd March 2010
England through Bell's elegant century and Bresnan's defiant fifty got a slender lead over Bangladesh in the second and the final Test.
Resuming at 171 for 3, Trott (64, 195b, 7x4) failed to add to his overnight score as a Shakib delivery spun back onto his stumps to dislodge his bails. Next man in Prior (62, 89b, 9x4) waded in the Bangladeshi bowling attack as he kept finding the boundary ropes with alarming regularity. With a hundred within his sights Prior had a brain-storm as he skipped down the pitch and tried to smash a Shakib delivery over mid-on and was cleaned up.
Bell meanwhile serenely got to his fifty and he found a willing partner in Bresnan. The pair added 143 runs in 52.4 overs as they batted at their own leisurely pace. Bell got to his tenth Test century while Bresnan completed his maiden Test fifty.
Towards the close of play the Bangladeshi bowlers struck back with a clutch of wickets not before England overtook the Bangladeshi first innings total. At the close of day England were 440 for 8 with a slender lead of 21 runs.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE