|Player:||Shoaib Akhtar, Shoaib Malik|
|Event:||Asia Cup 2010|
DateLine: 3rd June 2010
The Pakistani selectors have included maverick paceman Shoaib Akhtar and former captain Shoaib Malik in the 15-man squad for the Asia Cup to be played in Sri Lanka later this month.
The 34-year-old Akhtar was found fit for the June 15-24 four-nation tournament after selectors and top Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials carried out checks on Wednesday.
The 28-year-old Malik had a one-year ban lifted last week, clearing his return to international cricket. He also passed a fitness test.
Pakistan, who have won the Asia Cup title only once, will face hosts and defending champions Sri Lanka on June 15 before taking on arch-rivals India on June 19 and Bangladesh on June 21. The final of the 10th Asia Cup will be held on June 24.
PCB said it will announce the squad for the tour of England after the Asia Cup match against India. Pakistan will play two Twenty20 and two Tests against Australia before taking on the hosts in four Tests, five one-day and two T20 matches.
Squad : Shahid Afridi (capt), Salman Butt (vice capt), Imran Farhat, Shahzaib Hasan, Umar Akmal, Asad Shafiq, Shoaib Malik, Umar Amin, Kamran Akmal, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir, Shoaib Akhtar, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE