|Player:||A Mithun, Z Khan, A Mithun, A Mithun|
|Event:||India in Sri Lanka 2010|
DateLine: 8th July 2010
Indian strike bowler Zaheer Khan is ruled out of the tour with a shoulder injury.
"Zaheer Khan has been ruled out of the forthcoming Sri Lanka series because of a shoulder injury. The All-India Senior Selection Committee has chosen Abhimanyu Mithun to replace him," Board Secretary N Srinivasan said in a BCCI release.
Zaheer was rested for the recent tour of Zimbabwe in order to keep him fresh for the busy season ahead. He played in all of India's matches in the recent Asia Cup at Dambulla.
Uncapped so far in Test, Mithun was included in the Indian squad for the two-Test series against South Africa early this year but did not play any match.
He has played an ODI against South Africa in Ahmedabad, in February this year.
India begin their tour of Sri Lanka with a three-day game against a Sri Lankan side in Colombo from July 13-15 before the first Test starts at Galle from July 18.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE