|Player:||A Mithun, Z Khan, A Mithun, A Mithun|
|Event:||India in Sri Lanka 2010|
DateLine: 8th July 2010
Indian strike bowler Zaheer Khan is ruled out of the tour with a shoulder injury.
"Zaheer Khan has been ruled out of the forthcoming Sri Lanka series because of a shoulder injury. The All-India Senior Selection Committee has chosen Abhimanyu Mithun to replace him," Board Secretary N Srinivasan said in a BCCI release.
Zaheer was rested for the recent tour of Zimbabwe in order to keep him fresh for the busy season ahead. He played in all of India's matches in the recent Asia Cup at Dambulla.
Uncapped so far in Test, Mithun was included in the Indian squad for the two-Test series against South Africa early this year but did not play any match.
He has played an ODI against South Africa in Ahmedabad, in February this year.
India begin their tour of Sri Lanka with a three-day game against a Sri Lankan side in Colombo from July 13-15 before the first Test starts at Galle from July 18.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE