|Event:||Pakistan in England 2010|
DateLine: 18th July 2010
Ian Bell has been ruled out of England's Test series against Pakistan after fracturing the fifth metatarsal in his left foot while fielding during the second ODI against Bangladesh.
"Ian underwent a routine operation last night on the fractured metatarsal in his left foot," said the ECB's chief medical officer, Nick Peirce. "He will now undergo a course of rehabilitation that will see him ruled out of the upcoming Pakistan Test series.
"We expect Ian to make a full recovery but his participation in the NatWest Series against Pakistan in September will be reviewed in due course once he has made significant progress with his rehabilitation programme."
Bell suffered the injury when he dived for an attempted catch in the 10th over of Bangladesh's innings. He limped off the field at the end of the over and was taken to hospital in an ambulance for assessment before returning to the ground on crutches.
Bell's absence from the Test side could mean another opportunity for Eoin Morgan who was expected to make way after his two games against Bangladesh with Paul Collingwood set to slot back into the middle order.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE