|Ground:||Lord's Cricket Ground, St John's Wood|
|Scorecard:||England v Pakistan|
|Player:||Mohammad Aamer, AN Cook, Mohammad Asif|
|Event:||Pakistan in England 2010|
DateLine: 26th August 2010
The match failed to start at scheduled time as bad light and rain combined to keep the players in the dressing room for the morning session. There was constant drizzle and the light failed improve for most part of the day. Finally when the clouds cleared Salman Butt on winning the toss elected to field first as he believed that he had the perfect weapons in his armory to make use of the conditions.
Aamer for once failed to control his swing while Asif was impeccable as ever. Once Aamer got a grip of things he began to look dangerous and could have had Cook early but Umar Akmal dropped a sitter at second slip. Cook had another escape when the review system came to his rescue. The Pakistanis were convinced that they had Cook caught behind and the umpire agreed with the appeal. The batsman was convinced that he had not nicked it and the the review was called for. The replays showed that there was no edge and Cook survived.
Strauss played and missed on more than one occasion before a beauty from Asif literally send from the heavens cleaned him up. The contest in the middle gripping but once again bad light brought an end to the encounter as the umpires were unhappy with the light.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE