|Ground:||Springbok Park, Bloemfontein|
|Scorecard:||South Africa v Zimbabwe|
|Player:||H Masakadza, CJ Chibhabha, GC Smith|
|Event:||Zimbabwe in South Africa 2010/11|
DateLine: 9th October 2010
Former South African T20 skipper Graeme Smith hammered a brutal half-century as South Africa raced to a seven-wicket win in the first Twenty20 international against Zimbabwe. Smith slammed 58 off 29 balls as South Africa chased down a seemingly competitive Zimbabwe total of 168 for four, winning with 25 balls to spare.
Smith and Loots Bosman gave South Africa a blistering start, putting on 90 for the first wicket off 42 balls. Bosman made 33 off only 15 deliveries. Both openers were out within the space of four balls and debutant Colin Ingram followed seven balls later, but JP Duminy and David Miller resumed the assault on a weak Zimbabwe bowling attack, putting on an unbeaten 70 off 43 balls.
Hamilton Masakadza and Chamu Chibhabha hit half-centuries as Zimbabwe put up a strong showing with the bat.
Opening batsman Masakadza, returning to the city where he went to university, hit 72 off 63 balls, while Chibhabha hammered 52 off only 32 deliveries.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE