|Ground:||Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad|
|Scorecard:||India v New Zealand|
|Player:||DL Vettori, Harbhajan Singh|
|Event:||New Zealand in India 2010/11|
DateLine: 6th November 2010
India continued their dominance over New Zealand as the visitors closed day two at 69-2.
New Zealand sparked a fightback when they removed Sachin Tendulkar for 40. Debutant Kane Williamson claimed his first Test wicket when Suresh Raina was smartly taken at extra cover by McCullum, and Patel trapped Laxman lbw in the final over before lunch. New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori, playing in his 100th Test, then took three wickets after lunch as a total of five fell for 29. Harbhajan set about hammering the Kiwi bowlers to reach a quick-fire half-century and he was the last wicket to fall as Indian innings folded up at 487.
The tourists made a dreadful start to their reply when McIntosh tried to avoid a short one from Zaheer Khan that barely bounced over the stumps. The ball flicked McIntosh's gloves and gave Mahendra Dhoni a routine catch behind the stumps. Pragyan Ojha's left-arm spin was introduced in the eighth over and he struck with the first ball of his second over as he removed Watling.
McCullum showed good footwork to hit Ojha for two fours in an over, sharing an unbroken 42 with Ross Taylor, who hit three fours in his 18.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE