|Ground:||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide|
|Scorecard:||Australia v England|
|Player:||MEK Hussey, GP Swann|
|Event:||England in Australia 2010/11|
DateLine: 7th December 2010
England have finally exorcised the ghost of Adelaide four years later with this emphatic win. A resurgent English side crushed pathetic Australia by an innings and 71 runs to claim a 1-0 lead in the five match legendary Ashes series.
Graeme Swann was the wrecker in chief as he finished with five wickets for 91.
The tourists supported by their loyal Barmy Army literally swept aside the hosts as they claimed the final wickets with consummate ease. After Hussey fell the English bowlers claimed three wickets in four balls with James Anderson removing Brad Haddin and Ryan Harris with successive balls and Marcus North following two balls later to Swann.
Hussey was out for 52 in the third over of the second new ball by Steven Finn. Hussey attempted a pull shot but top-edged to mid-on where James Anderson took the catch. Haddin was caught behind off Anderson for 12 and the ball after the break Harris was out lbw for a first-ball duck. North was out lbw to Swann after an England referral before England mopped up the last wickets of Xavier Doherty and Peter Siddle to claim victory.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE