|Ground:||Reliance Cricket Stadium, Vadodara|
|Scorecard:||India v New Zealand|
|Player:||JEC Franklin, G Gambhir, V Kohli|
|Event:||New Zealand in India 2010/11|
DateLine: 7th December 2010
Led by Gambhir's fluent century and Kohli's aggressive fifty India claimed a 3-0 unassailable lead against the hapless Kiwis. It turned out to be yet another one-sided affair as the hosts crushed the visitors by nine wickets.
Electing to field first after winning the toss, the wicket for the first hour or do was literally unplayable. The ball jagged around like a vicious cobra and with unpredictable bounce added to the picture the batsmen were like sitting duck. None of the top-order could come to terms with the wicket and the Indian pacers who sensibly opted for the fuller length. Wickets tumbled in a heap and at one stage the Kiwi score read a miserable 106 for 7 in 29.3 overs.
Had it not being for Franklin's fighting half-century, a spunky 43 from Nathan McCullum things would have being worse for the visitors. At the end of the fifty overs the visitors compiled a respectable 224 for the loss of nine wickets.
India in reply never looked in any sort of discomfort as Gambhir was off the blocks in a flash. The Indian skipper was first supported by Vijay and then by the ultra-aggressive Kohli as the hosts cruised to the target.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE