|Player:||Waqar Younis, Shahid Afridi|
|Event:||Pakistan in England 2010|
DateLine: 1st January 2011
Media Release - 01 January 2011
The International Cricket Council has requested the PCB to direct Shahid Afridi and Waqar Younis to appear before the ICC Anti-Corruption Tribunal which is holding its sitting in Doha from the 6th to 11th Jan 2011, to determine the guilt or otherwise of the three Pakistan players who have been accused of serious violations of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code including match (spot) fixing.
PCB is committed to rooting out corruption, in any form, from cricket, and has a zero tolerance policy towards corruption. PCB is also keen to assist the ICC Anti Corruption Tribunal in determining in a fair and just manner the truth behind the serious allegations being made against the three Pakistan Players. Therefore the PCB has decided to allow Shahid Afridi and Waqar Younis to appear as witnesses before the Tribunal. Both of them will appear before the ICC Tribunal either in person or through teleconference depending on their convenience and subject to their professional commitments.
(Article: Copyright © 2011 Pakistan Cricket Board)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE