|Ground:||MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai|
|Scorecard:||Kenya v New Zealand|
|Player:||BB McCullum, MJ Guptill, TG Southee, HK Bennett|
|Event:||ICC World Cup 2010/11|
DateLine: 20th February 2011
The pace of Hamish Bennett, accuracy of Oram and the wiles of Southee proved too much for the Kenyan batsne as they were blown away for just 69 in 23.5 overs. The New Zealand openers Martin Guptill and Brendon McCullum then sealed off the match with some monstrous hits as they chased down the target in just 8 overs leaving the Kenyan side red-faced.
The Kenyan skipper, Jimmy Kamande, under the scorching sun of Chennai elected to bat first on a wicket that looked a batting paradise. But then his batsmen from ball number one had to contend with a relentless pace battery of New Zealand especially Hamish Bennett as they were blown away to pieces.
None of the batsmen crossed the 20 run mark as the highest score was just 16 jointly held by Patel and Waters. While Southee set the tone of the innings with a stifling over barring a no ball it was Bennett all the way. All barring one wicket, which was bowled, his three victims were leg before that came with precision-guided yorkers.
With a below par target to chase the Kiwi openers wasted no time as they went after the bowling from ball number one. They chased down the target in just 8 overs thus completing a clinical win.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE