|Scorecard:||Sri Lanka v New Zealand|
|Event:||ICC World Cup 2010/11|
DateLine: 1st April 2011
It was a sensational victory by Sri Lanka to emerge victorious against Kiwi's by 5 wickets in the semifinals of the World Cup.
For the Sri Lankans the destructive bowling of Malinga, Mendis and the spin wizardry of Muralitharan folded-up the New Zealanders for a modest total on a good batting track. Malinga and Mendis took three wickets each with their line and length bowling which rattled New Zealand batsmen Guptill, Taylor, Williamson, McCullum, Southee and McKay who could not match the Magical spells of these bowlers.
In reply, Sri Lanka with superb half-centuries from Dilshan and Sangakkara guided their team home showing phenomenal temperament and a wide range of cricketing strokes which were a delight for all cricket lovers to watch.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2011 D. Giridhar)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE