DateLine: 1st June 2011
Media Release - 31 May 2011
PCB has initiated action against Shahid Afridi in response to the following breaches he has committed under the Central Contract signed with PCB:
1. By announcing his retirement in the manner that he did Shahid Afridi is in breach of Clause 2.1.4 of the Central Contract dealing with Covenants of the Cricketer.
2. In passing disparaging remarks about the board and its officials Shahid Afridi is in breach of Clause 4.4 dealing with Media obligations,
Following disciplinary actions have been initiated against Shahid Afridi by PCB:
1. A show cause notice has been issued to him seeking his explanation on these comments. Afridi has been asked to respond to the letter within 7 days of receipt of the same.
2. His Central Contract has been suspended with immediate effect. Consequently, all NOCs granted to him have been revoked.
3. All payments on account of Central Contract have been suspended.
(Article: Copyright © 2011 Pakistan Cricket Board)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE