DateLine: 18th June 2011
Media Release - 17 July 2011
Zulquernain today appeared before the PCB Disciplinary Committee Comprising Sultan Rana (Chairman), Col. Wasim Ahmed and Khawaja Awais (Members) at National Cricket Academy Lahore. Taffazul Rizvi (Legal Advisor PCB) assisted the Committee.
Zulquernain Haider received the complaint and decided not to file a written reply to the same. He rather opted to answer all the allegations himself verbally. He apprised the Committee in detail about the charges.
Zulquernain Haider pleaded guilty and requested the Committee to pass the final order in his matter. He also requested that minimum sentence be awarded to him on compassionate ground keeping in view the ailment of his father. He admitted that he has no proof of any wrongdoing against any player or official of PCB and withdrew all his allegations. He further stated that any punishment awarded to him would be acceptable to him.
The Committee, after deliberations, has recommended to fine Zulquernain an amount of Rs. 500,000 (Rupees Five Hundred thousand) and a probation for the period of one year for his acts which brought the game of Cricket and Pakistan in disrepute. Chairman PCB has endorsed this decision. A detailed order in this regard will be announced later.
(Article: Copyright © 2011 Pakistan Cricket Board)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE