DateLine: 18th June 2011
Media Release - 17 July 2011
Zulquernain today appeared before the PCB Disciplinary Committee Comprising Sultan Rana (Chairman), Col. Wasim Ahmed and Khawaja Awais (Members) at National Cricket Academy Lahore. Taffazul Rizvi (Legal Advisor PCB) assisted the Committee.
Zulquernain Haider received the complaint and decided not to file a written reply to the same. He rather opted to answer all the allegations himself verbally. He apprised the Committee in detail about the charges.
Zulquernain Haider pleaded guilty and requested the Committee to pass the final order in his matter. He also requested that minimum sentence be awarded to him on compassionate ground keeping in view the ailment of his father. He admitted that he has no proof of any wrongdoing against any player or official of PCB and withdrew all his allegations. He further stated that any punishment awarded to him would be acceptable to him.
The Committee, after deliberations, has recommended to fine Zulquernain an amount of Rs. 500,000 (Rupees Five Hundred thousand) and a probation for the period of one year for his acts which brought the game of Cricket and Pakistan in disrepute. Chairman PCB has endorsed this decision. A detailed order in this regard will be announced later.
(Article: Copyright © 2011 Pakistan Cricket Board)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE