DateLine: 19th August 2011
Media Release - 19 August 2011
Integrity Committee Decision on Shoaib Malik
Integrity Committee of PCB met today (19th August) at Gaddafi Stadium Lahore. The following attended:
1. Mr. M. Ijaz Butt, Chairman PCB, in the Chair
2. Mr. Justice (R) Jamshaid Ali Shah, Member
3. Mr. Subhan Ahmad, COO PCB, Member
4. Mr. Zakir Khan, Director Intíl, Member
5. Mr. Sultan Rana, Director Domestic, Member
6. Col (R) Wasim Ahmed, Security Manager, Member
7. Mr. Taffazul Rizvi, Legal Advisor, Special Invitee
Due to pressing engagements in Karachi, Mr. Mohsin Khan could not attend the meeting. However, he was consulted by the Integrity Committee over telephone.
The matter of Shoaib Malik which was initiated suo moto by the Integrity Committee with regard to certain deposits in his overseas accounts has been under consideration since December last year. Various meetings of the Committee were held and a number of personal hearings were also provided to Shoaib Malik.
Shoaib Malik was directed to provide complete information supported with relevant documents regarding the source of the said deposits which he did provide. The Committee reviewed all the material in detail and also verified the veracity of the said information from relevant authorities.
At the last meeting of the Integrity Committee held on 15th August 2011, Shoaib Malik was asked to provide some additional information pertaining to the above deposits. This information has been duly provided which the Integrity Committee reviewed in its meeting held today.
The Integrity Committee after detailed deliberations has unanimously reached the conclusion that prima facie Shoaib Malik has been able to establish that the said deposits in this overseas account did not emanate from any questionable source or activity. As against that no incriminating material to the contrary was available on the record hence Shoaib Malik is hereby cleared by the Integrity Committee.
(Article: Copyright © 2011 Pakistan Cricket Board)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE