DateLine: 26th January 2012
Australian legend Ricky Thomas Ponting was selected as an officer (AO) in the general division of order of Australia (GDOA), after the 1st day of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2011/12 in which he scored a mighty double century.
He was honoured for being a leading player in cricket and for being the part of the community through Ponting Foundation.
"In every way, this honour is also for my wife, Rianna, who has been with me for the significant part of my cricket career and above all, has been the driver for all our charity work," Ponting said.
"We are very proud of what the Ponting Foundation is doing to help young Australians and their families beat cancer.
"From the very first time we walked into the cancer ward at the Sydney Children's Hospital almost a decade ago, we have been continually inspired by the courage and determination shown by young cancer sufferers."
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2012 Pakistan Cricket Website)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE