|Scorecard:||Scotland XI v Combined Services|
|Event:||Other matches in Scotland 1944|
DateLine: 4th February 2013
A crowd of about 2000 witnessed the charity match in aid of the Red Cross played at Philiphaugh, Selkirk, on Saturday. J. Greive (Selkirk) was indisposed and had to call off, and his place was taken by A. W. Allan (Hawick.).
Dr A. R. Simpson (Forfar) was top scorer for the Scottish side with 24. Only two boundaries were hit during the innings, and one of them was by a young Selkirk player, J. Smith, last man in. The wicket was heavy and cutting up badly.
The Combined Services' XI's early wickets fell easily, four down for 11. Hollingdale and Hodge bowled extremely well. Gradually the Services' total rose, but they had to fight for their runs against good bowling and keen fielding.
Bowling for Combined Services XI, Stocks had five for 18, Roper two for 14, Harris one tor 13, and Cristofani one for 23. Bowling for Scotland XI, Hodge two for 17, Hollingdale six for 18, Dippie one for 11. Nichol one for 19.
A bat, autographed by the players, raised over 30 pounds
(Article: Copyright © 2013 Cricket Scotland http://cricketscotland.com)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE