|Scorecard:||Scotland XI v Combined Services|
|Event:||Other matches in Scotland 1944|
DateLine: 4th February 2013
A crowd of about 2000 witnessed the charity match in aid of the Red Cross played at Philiphaugh, Selkirk, on Saturday. J. Greive (Selkirk) was indisposed and had to call off, and his place was taken by A. W. Allan (Hawick.).
Dr A. R. Simpson (Forfar) was top scorer for the Scottish side with 24. Only two boundaries were hit during the innings, and one of them was by a young Selkirk player, J. Smith, last man in. The wicket was heavy and cutting up badly.
The Combined Services' XI's early wickets fell easily, four down for 11. Hollingdale and Hodge bowled extremely well. Gradually the Services' total rose, but they had to fight for their runs against good bowling and keen fielding.
Bowling for Combined Services XI, Stocks had five for 18, Roper two for 14, Harris one tor 13, and Cristofani one for 23. Bowling for Scotland XI, Hodge two for 17, Hollingdale six for 18, Dippie one for 11. Nichol one for 19.
A bat, autographed by the players, raised over 30 pounds
(Article: Copyright © 2013 Cricket Scotland http://cricketscotland.com)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE