|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 7th October 2005
England captain Michael Vaughan wants his Ashes-winning team to prove they are the best in the world by posting series victories in Pakistan and India this winter.
The dramatic win over Australia lifted England closer to the world champions in the International Cricket Council (ICC) rankings but Vaughan stressed there was still work to be done.
"Our next challenge is to continue our success," said Vaughan.
"We have beaten every team over the last two years and we have got to make sure we do that over the next two years.
"Australia away in 16 months' time is the real, true test but Pakistan and India away are massive challenges for the team. I'm sure we can go out there and play well."
The England captain is also determined not to allow his side to bask in the glory of the win over Australia.
"It is a young team who can play together for a number of years," said Vaughan at the launch of four special stamps to mark England's Ashes victory.
"The ones who do become complacent are generally not the winners and we tend to have a lot of guys in the team with ambition.
"We have played good cricket for two years, not just this summer, but there will be blips along the way. It is how you cope with the odd failure which is the most important thing.
"The challenge is now that everyone expects us to do well all the time but I can cope with that and it is good challenge to take to Pakistan."
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in Australia 2015/16
- India Women in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Pakistan in New Zealand 2015/16
- Scotland in Hong Kong 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE