|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 28th October 2005
Pakistan suffered a injury blow Friday when allrounder Abdul Razzaq was ruled out of the first cricket Test against England in Multan in two weeks time.
Razzaq, who has 1,523 runs and 77 wickets in 37 Tests, ruptured tissues in his elbow and has been advised to take three weeks' rest.
"We have not included him in the 16 because he will take time to regain fitness," Pakistan's chief selector Wasim Bari told AFP.
Razzaq earlier told AFP that the injury was "painful" but he had been hopeful of recovering in time to make the squad.
Pakistan meet England in the first of three Tests starting in the central city of Multan from November 12.
The first of Razzaq's three Test centuries was against England at Faisalabad in 2000. The others two were against Bangladesh.
Pakistan's three-member selection committee is likely to finalise the squad late Friday and submit it to the Pakistan Cricket Board, who may announce the final line-up at the weekend.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE