|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 28th October 2005
Pakistan suffered a injury blow Friday when allrounder Abdul Razzaq was ruled out of the first cricket Test against England in Multan in two weeks time.
Razzaq, who has 1,523 runs and 77 wickets in 37 Tests, ruptured tissues in his elbow and has been advised to take three weeks' rest.
"We have not included him in the 16 because he will take time to regain fitness," Pakistan's chief selector Wasim Bari told AFP.
Razzaq earlier told AFP that the injury was "painful" but he had been hopeful of recovering in time to make the squad.
Pakistan meet England in the first of three Tests starting in the central city of Multan from November 12.
The first of Razzaq's three Test centuries was against England at Faisalabad in 2000. The others two were against Bangladesh.
Pakistan's three-member selection committee is likely to finalise the squad late Friday and submit it to the Pakistan Cricket Board, who may announce the final line-up at the weekend.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE