|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 7th November 2005
Captain Michael Vaughan Monday twisted his right knee in a match against a Pakistan A team, just five days before the first Test against Pakistan starts in Multan.
The England captain suffered the injury on the second morning of the three-day tour match at Bagh-e-Jinnah stadium.
Vaughan twisted the same knee he hurt in a freak accident in the nets before the series against New Zealand when he missed the first Test last year, said England's media manager Andrew Walpole.
Vaughan, who had yet to score, suffered the injury on Monday while going for a run and fell to the ground in pain. He walked off the ground to get treatment.
"Vaughan has four to five days before the Test and it's early to say anything final but he was getting treatment," said Walpole.
Vaughan came into the second tour match needing some batting practice. He managed just nine and nought in the first tour match at Rawalpindi last week and 17 in the first innings of the current match.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE