|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 7th November 2005
Captain Michael Vaughan Monday twisted his right knee in a match against a Pakistan A team, just five days before the first Test against Pakistan starts in Multan.
The England captain suffered the injury on the second morning of the three-day tour match at Bagh-e-Jinnah stadium.
Vaughan twisted the same knee he hurt in a freak accident in the nets before the series against New Zealand when he missed the first Test last year, said England's media manager Andrew Walpole.
Vaughan, who had yet to score, suffered the injury on Monday while going for a run and fell to the ground in pain. He walked off the ground to get treatment.
"Vaughan has four to five days before the Test and it's early to say anything final but he was getting treatment," said Walpole.
Vaughan came into the second tour match needing some batting practice. He managed just nine and nought in the first tour match at Rawalpindi last week and 17 in the first innings of the current match.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE