|Ground:||Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan|
|Player:||ME Trescothick, MP Vaughan|
|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 10th November 2005
Injured England captain Michael Vaughan has been ruled out of the first Test against Pakistan in Multan and opener Marcus Trescothick will lead the side, England cricket officials said Thursday.
"The England medical team confirmed Thursday that Michael Vaughan will miss the first test in Multan starting Saturday due to a knee injury," an England and Wales Cricket Board statement said.
Vaughan will continue to receive treatment and further updates on his progress will be released, said the statement, which was given to media at a press conference in the central Pakistani city.
"The England and Wales Cricket Board have appointed Marcus Trescothick as captain for the first Test and he will continue to lead in case Vaughan misses any further matches," it added.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE