|Ground:||Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad|
|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 21st November 2005
A blast caused by an exploding gas cylinder halted the second cricket Test between Pakistan and England at the Iqbal Stadium on Monday.
England were 92-2 in their first innings in reply to Pakistan's 462 when the explosion stopped play in the post-tea session.
England batsmen Marcus Trescothick and Ian Bell remained on the field along with Pakistani cricketers as police and security guards streamed on to the ground to protect the players.
A police officer later held up the remains of the gas bottle near the boundary to show the crowd and the media the cause of the explosion. Play then restarted about 10 minutes later.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE