|Ground:||Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad|
|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 22nd November 2005
Media Release - 22 November 2005
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has conveyed its concern to the International Cricket Council (ICC) regarding the apparently unlawful dismissal of Inzamam-ul- Haq on the second day of the Bank Alfalah Cup Test match at Faisalabad. The relevant law No.38(2) states as follows:
"..a batsman is not out Run out if
a) he has been within his ground and has subsequently left it to avoid injury, when the wicket is put down".
It is evident that Inzamam took evasive action to avoid injury and according to the laws should not have been given out. This issue was brought to the Match Referee's attention in writing by the Pakistan National Coach and by Chairman PCB in a telephonic conversation with ICC President immediately after the incident.
As regards Shahid Afridi's scuffing of the pitch for which he has apologized and for which he has been penalized by the Match Referee, the PCB will hold its own independent inquiry after the Test match.
Director Board Operations
(Article: Copyright © 2005 Pakistan Cricket Board)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE