|Event:||India in West Indies 2006|
DateLine: 27th May 2006
Port-of-Spain: What has the Indian coach got to do with Windies win in the ODI series? A lot if one goes through West Indies captain Brian Lara’s comments. Lara said his side were hit hard by Greg Chappell’s reported remark that ‘the West Indies have lost the winning habit’ after India’s victory in the series opener.
Our players were all aware of Chappell’s comments. Though he was right in a way, his words inspired us. Chappell acted as a catalyst. We have at least not forgotten how to win in the last week," said Lara his tongue firmly in cheek, after a rare series win, which was clinched in his own backyard, Trinidad. Lara added the absence of Sachin Tendulkar also affected India’s chances. “If Tendulkar was here, he would have pushed Rahul Dravid down the order. It would have made a bit of difference. At the same time we would have done well aginst any team if played in the same way."
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE