|Player:||J Lewis, MJ Hoggard|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 10th July 2006
England’s Jonathan Lewis will replace injured fast bowler Matthew Hoggard in the first Test against Pakistan starting at Lord's on Thursday after the latter became the latest addition to the hosts' injury crisis.
Chairman of selectors David Graveney said: “We have included five pace bowlers in the squad, because we need cover for Matthew Hoggard following the hand injury he sustained with the England A team on Saturday."
The 29-year-old Hoggard had to have six stitches inserted into his bowling hand after Yorkshire colleague Tim Bresnan trod on it during a practice session at Canterbury.
“Matthew’s injury will be reassessed by our medical staff on Tuesday, and we will give him the maximum time he needs to prove his fitness because he is the most experienced member of our attack," Graveney added.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE