|Ground:||Old Trafford, Manchester|
|Player:||A Flintoff, MP Vaughan|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 18th July 2006
England captain Andrew Flintoff's hopes of proving his fitness for the second Test against Pakistan suffered a setback on Tuesday when his return to first class cricket lasted just 10 minutes.
Flintoff, who has been dogged by an ankle injury, made just four runs before he was out edging Tyrone Henderson in Lancashire's county championship match against Kent at Canterbury.
Flintoff, who had been England captain in the absence of the injured Michael Vaughan, was forced to miss his country's recent one-day series against Sri Lanka, as well as the first Test against Pakistan at Lord's which ended in a draw on Monday.
But the all-rounder played in two Twenty20 matches recently, as well as taking part in a net session at Lord's this week.
He hopes to play in the second Test at his home ground Old Trafford on July 27.
(Article: Copyright © 2006 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE