DateLine: 27th July 2006
Liam Plunkett added to England's injury woes after the Durham fast bowler was on Tuesday ruled out of the second and third Tests against Pakistan with a side strain.
Plunkett played in the drawn series opener at Lordís before sustaining a left side strain while playing for Durham against West Indies 'A' over the weekend after he'd been allowed to play by England's management in a bid to get some batting practice. He was selected in a 14-man squad for the second Test at Old Trafford which starts on Thursday but after consultations with physio Kirk Russell early on Tuesday he has been ruled out of the next two Tests.
Fast bowler Sajid Mahmood could now be recalled at his Lancashire home ground while Gloucestershire seamer Jon Lewis is also in contention.
Revised England squad: Marcus Trescothick, Andrew Strauss (capt), Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen, Paul Collingwood, Ian Bell, Geraint Jones (wkt), Matthew Hoggard, Stephen Harmison, Monty Panesar, Jon Lewis, Sajid Mahmood, Jamie Dalrymple.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE