|Player:||A Flintoff, MJ Hoggard|
DateLine: 27th July 2006
England fast bowler Matthew Hoggard said on Wednesday that Australian club cricket could be a real boost for Andrew Flintoff in helping him return from an ankle injury for this winterís Ashes series.
Hoggard also believes it would be mutually beneficial and said: "Every opposition does it to us. They send their players to county cricket to get used to the pitches and to the conditions, and I think it would be a good help if he can get over there to get some miles under him."
The Yorkshire bowler, who himself was a major injury doubt prior to the first Test against Pakistan after suffering a gashed hand in a bizarre training accident, bemoaned news of the latest fitness scare for England as his fellow paceman Liam Plunkett is set to miss the next two Tests and possibly the entire summer with a side strain.
Hoggard said: "It's disappointing news about Liam. He is obviously a talented cricketer and he has shown us what he can do. Unfortunately he is another one that has succumbed to injury."
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE