|Ground:||Old Trafford, Manchester|
|Player:||J Lewis, AJ Strauss|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 27th July 2006
England dropped Jon Lewis from their final XI for the second Test against Pakistan starting at Old Trafford here Thursday.
Instead the third seamer's spot went to Sajid Mahmood, returning to Test cricket on his Lancashire home ground.
England had already omitted uncapped off-spinner Jamie Dalrymple from their squad, with Mahmood the only change to their side that drew the first Test at Lord's after Durham quick Liam Plunkett was forced out with a side strain.
Andrew Strauss continued to captain the team in the absence of injured all-rounder Andrew Flintoff.
This match was the second of a four-Test series.
Marcus Trescothick, Andrew Strauss (capt), Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen, Paul Collingwood, Ian Bell, Geraint Jones (wkt), Matthew Hoggard, Sajid Mahmood, Stephen Harmison, Monty Panesar.
(Article: Copyright © 2006 AFP)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE