|Player:||MS Panesar, SJ Harmison|
DateLine: 29th July 2006
England paceman Steve Harmison pleaded with fans to give Sikh spinner Monty Panesar a break after the two combined to bowl Pakistan out for just 119 on the first day of the second Test at Old Trafford on Thursday.
Panesar has become something of a cult hero with fans often cheering him every time he touches the ball in the field, as if surprised he hadnít fumbled.
"It sometimes upsets me a lot that people have a go at Monty. The ball goes to him in the field and the crowd laugh and cheer and this, that and the other," Harmison said. "Monty is a very good left-arm spinner. He's a No 11 batsman and the guy works so hard on his fielding, it's ridiculous. He's different, he looks different, everything about him is different. But he is a great member of our team."
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE