DateLine: 31st July 2006
Injured England skipper Michael Vaughan, who has already been ruled out of this year's Ashes series in Australia, has said it is possible he may never play again.
ďI have real hope Iíll get better. Iíll do all the hard work and I believe thereíll be another day when Michael Vaughan takes the field in an England cricket shirt. But I have to be realistic. I've read I might never play cricket again - and that might well turn out to be the case," he said.
"There are no guarantees. I know that better than anyone," added Vaughan, who attended England's sparkling second Test win over Pakistan at Old Trafford on Saturday on crutches.
"There is an area of the knee that's very worn and there was a split in the cartilage. They tell me the operation has been successful but they'll only know for certain after rehab. What is certain is that whether I play cricket again or not I am going to need a total knee replacement in 15 years."
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE