|Event:||England in Australia 2006/07|
DateLine: 12th August 2006
Injured captain Michael Vaughan said he is confident England can retain the Ashes with or without him this winter. The 31-year-old, who led England to their first Ashes win after 18 years last summer, insisted however he has not yet given up hope of taking part in the series against Australia starting in November.
“I’m very confident in whoever leads the team to produce a fantastic winter ahead and make sure we retain the Ashes," Vaughan said. “There is always a slight worry it will take time to adjust to international cricket but the guys who have come in have done really well. You need that bit of luck but if you work hard you get that. The team will do everything in their power to try to emulate last summer. It is going to be a fantastic series. If we can emulate anything like the series last year it should be a great spectacle."
Vaughan has not played for England since the series in Pakistan before Christmas due to his injury problems.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE