|Player:||DG Bradman, WE Hollies|
DateLine: 17th August 2006
A Test cap belonging to the English bowler who captured Don Bradman's final Test wicket failed to sell at auction on Wednesday.
England leg-spinner Eric Hollies bowled Bradman for a duck in the Australian's final Test appearance at The Oval in London in 1948 to keep the cricketing great's batting average below 100.
After the Test, Hollies gave his cap to Australia opener Arthur Morris, who was the other batsman when Bradman was dismissed.
The intriguing piece of cricketing memorabilia had been expected to fetch up to 30,000 dollars (23,000 US) but was passed in at an opening bid of 18,500.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE