|Event:||England in Australia 2006/07|
DateLine: 25th August 2006
All-rounder Andrew Flintoff said on Thursday that he would be fit for England's Ashes defence which gets underway in November.
Flintoff, who is currently recovering from his latest ankle operation, is battling to be ready for the first Test against Australia that starts in Brisbane on November 23. He is currently undergoing a rehabilitation programme supervised by Lancashire physio Dave Roberts although he fears the problem will never disappear.
“I’ve got absolute faith in my physio Dave Roberts and the specialist who performed the latest operation on my ankle,” said Flintoff. “It was they who devised my rehabilitation programme and I have complete confidence that if I follow their guidelines to the letter I will be fully fit for the Ashes series. I can start running again early next month and that will be a big step on the road back.”
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE