|Ground:||Kennington Oval, Kennington|
|Player:||Inzamam-ul-Haq, DB Hair|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 28th August 2006
Media Release - 28 August 2006
1. Mr Percy Sonn, President of ICC, has announced the cancellation of the emergency meeting of the ICC Executive Board which was to be held on 2 September, 2006 in Dubai. This is due to the fact that Mr Sonn consulted each Director of the ICC Member countries and consensus was reached that the meeting was not necessary at this juncture as all the Directors were well aware of the events that led to the Oval fiasco.
2. Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has sent an email today to the ICC President referring to its earlier verbal and written objections to Darrell Hair's nomination in matches involving Pakistan. PCB has called for an urgent investigation into Darrell Hair's conduct in the Oval fiasco before Inzamam's hearing. PCB has claimed that it was Darrell Hair who brought the game into disrepute. PCB has also reiterated that Darrell Hair would not be accepted in future matches involving Pakistan.
3. PCB is confident that Inzamam and the team will be exonerated of the charges made against them.
4. The Pakistan team is committed to fulfilling the schedule of the remaining matches on its current tour of England.
Pakistan Cricket Board
(Article: Copyright © 2006 Pakistan Cricket Board)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE