|Ground:||Kennington Oval, Kennington|
|Player:||Inzamam-ul-Haq, DB Hair|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 28th August 2006
Media Release - 28 August 2006
1. Mr Percy Sonn, President of ICC, has announced the cancellation of the emergency meeting of the ICC Executive Board which was to be held on 2 September, 2006 in Dubai. This is due to the fact that Mr Sonn consulted each Director of the ICC Member countries and consensus was reached that the meeting was not necessary at this juncture as all the Directors were well aware of the events that led to the Oval fiasco.
2. Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has sent an email today to the ICC President referring to its earlier verbal and written objections to Darrell Hair's nomination in matches involving Pakistan. PCB has called for an urgent investigation into Darrell Hair's conduct in the Oval fiasco before Inzamam's hearing. PCB has claimed that it was Darrell Hair who brought the game into disrepute. PCB has also reiterated that Darrell Hair would not be accepted in future matches involving Pakistan.
3. PCB is confident that Inzamam and the team will be exonerated of the charges made against them.
4. The Pakistan team is committed to fulfilling the schedule of the remaining matches on its current tour of England.
Pakistan Cricket Board
(Article: Copyright © 2006 Pakistan Cricket Board)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE