|Ground:||County Ground, Bristol|
|Scorecard:||England v Pakistan|
|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 29th August 2006
England fast bowler Stephen Harmison has been ruled out of the upcoming five-match one-day series with a back injury, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) announced on Monday.
Harmison, not in the side for England's five-wicket Twenty20 defeat against Pakistan at Nevil Road here on Monday, felt discomfort during the team's forfeit fourth Test win against the tourists at The Oval earlier this month.
"Steve Harmison has been ruled out of the NatWest Series as a precautionary measure after not responding to treatment following soreness in his lower back," said an ECB statement.
"A decision on a replacement for Steve Harmison has not been made at this stage," the statement added.
Harmison's absence from the one-day series, which starts with a day/night international at Cardiff's Sophia Gardens on Wednesday, could open the way for 20-year-old pace prospect Stuart Broad - who took two for 25 on his England senior debut in the Twenty20 defeat - to have a run in the side.
(Article: Copyright © 2006 AFP)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE