|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 30th August 2006
With fast bowler Stephen Harmison pulling out of the ODI series against Pakistan with a back problem England are set to give themselves an additional bowling option.
Harmison’s withdrawal was announced after England's five-wicket Twenty20 defeat by Pakistan in Bristol on Monday.
Ahead of the start of the five-match series against Pakistan, which begins Wednesday with a day/night contest in Cardiff, an England statement on Tuesday said: “The England selectors will place a bowler on standby after the first NatWest ODI in Cardiff, provided there are no further injuries to England's seam bowlers.”
An England spokesman clarified the statement to say that were another England quick to be sidelined, a replacement would come into the squad proper straight away.
In Harmison's absence, England gave the new ball to veteran Darren Gough and novice Stuart Broad in Bristol.
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE