|Event:||Pakistan in British Isles 2006|
DateLine: 30th August 2006
With fast bowler Stephen Harmison pulling out of the ODI series against Pakistan with a back problem England are set to give themselves an additional bowling option.
Harmison’s withdrawal was announced after England's five-wicket Twenty20 defeat by Pakistan in Bristol on Monday.
Ahead of the start of the five-match series against Pakistan, which begins Wednesday with a day/night contest in Cardiff, an England statement on Tuesday said: “The England selectors will place a bowler on standby after the first NatWest ODI in Cardiff, provided there are no further injuries to England's seam bowlers.”
An England spokesman clarified the statement to say that were another England quick to be sidelined, a replacement would come into the squad proper straight away.
In Harmison's absence, England gave the new ball to veteran Darren Gough and novice Stuart Broad in Bristol.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE