|Player:||SR Tendulkar, BC Lara|
DateLine: 22nd September 2006
West Indies captain Brian Lara said Sachin Tendulkar’s return to cricket and prolific run scoring is a welcome boost for the game and the West Indies would do well to learn from him.
The 33-year-old Tendulkar made a splendid comeback after being out since March for shoulder surgery. He scored an unbeaten 141, 12 and 65 in his three matches in the ongoing DLF tri series in Kuala Lumpur.
“Sachin is a very good friend of mine and if he scores runs it is an attraction and very good to watch, a sight to behold. I want my guys to learn from a player like that. He is an exceptional talent,” said Lara.
“Seeing him bat there is not much you can do sometimes because he is such a perfect batsman. On occasions you see guys struggling and he does not and I'm happy that he is back and scoring runs because such a great player needs to do stuff like that and it's nice to see him come to the fore,” the left-hander added.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE