DateLine: 23rd September 2006
World Cup officials have insisted that preparations for next year's tournament are on track despite being forced to look at alternative venues because the Brian Lara Stadium will not be ready in time.
The stadium in southern Trinidad had been scheduled to host warm-up matches for Ireland, Pakistan, South Africa and Canada ahead of the tournament that gets underway on March 11. Those fixtures will now be played elsewhere after World Cup managing director Chris Dehring confirmed inspectors decided the stadium would not be finished in time.
“With less than six months to the start of the tournament we are very satisfied that the matter has been deliberated thoroughly, and a final decision for the good of the tournament has been taken,” Dehring said.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE