|Player:||Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq|
DateLine: 6th October 2006
Batsman Mohammad Yousuf will lead Pakistan in the Champions Trophy after Younis Khan dramatically refused to captain the side, the Pakistan Cricket Board said on Thursday.
The latest controversy to engulf Pakistani cricket came less than a week after Younis was appointed to replace Inzamam-ul-Haq, who has been banned for four matches following the Oval Test fiasco in August.
Younis made his surprise announcement earlier on Thursday, just two days before the team were due to fly to India for the tournament, saying that he did not want to be a dummy captain.
The PCB deeply regrets Younis chose to announce his withdrawal from the captaincy of the Pakistan team for the Champions Trophy, PCB director Abbas Zaidi said after a day of frenzied meetings. He did so without prior consultation with the board and Yousuf has taken over as captain.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE