|Player:||BC Lara, CH Gayle|
|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2006/07|
DateLine: 11th October 2006
West Indies skipper Brian Lara has told his teammates not to lower their guards against bottom-placed Bangladesh in the Champions Trophy qualifying match on Wednesday.
Complacency is way out of our minds and it is important to set the standards, Lara said.
Defending champions West Indies are now just one win away from qualifying for the main draw after having thrashed Zimbabwe by nine wickets in their opening match at Ahmedabad on Sunday.
Lara said his team needed to put in a good show against Bangladesh to make sure of moving into the second round. It's a very important match for us. If we win, we qualify. We also have an opportunity to go through the next round with some competitive cricket under our belt, he said.
The West Indies skipper said all-rounder Chris Gayle's form augured well for the team ahead of main matches. Chris has proved he is among the best in the world. He is a match-winner with his bowling, batting and fielding and his influence gives us the lift. He is an important part of the team, said Lara
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE